TY Ogunkoya

Monday, December 1, 2008
I was filled with great pride and respect for my fellow country man Ty Ogunkoya over his achievements in his short modelling career. Being able to walk the runway for the likes of Y3-Philip Lim, Versace, DKNY all in one year is wonderful. He first caught my eye in the United colors of benetton campaign and that moment i knew i had seen the next black male supermodel in the making. What are your full names?

Tayo ogunkoya

What educational qualifications do you have?

Gcse, a level in maths ,chemistry and physics , an a level in business and i am in the last year of my degree in materials engineering at imperial college



How did you get casted for the united colors of benetton ads and what was the experience like?

Getting the campaign was random, i did a levis job and my polaroid got into the hands of a lovely lady called michelle from kcd newyork, she passed it on and i was on a flight to ny with 20 pounds to my name. i was supposed to stay for a day , but david simms liked me and kept me for a week !! i actually had to sell the i pod my dad gave me for the taxi from jfk to the hotel cause i only had 20 pounds and no bank card .lol...

A couple of years back would you have dreamt that you'd be a top model?

(Laughs) i wouldnt say i am a top model quite yet , there are amazing black models everywhere , and i am just following in their footsteps !!

You were one of the most prominent black models on and off the runway this year, what effect has it had on your career?

wow.......its been amazing , im back at my university now so i cant just jet off and work anywhere which is fustrating . Everything is based around my university timetable. But i get a lot more direct bookings now , i booked a dkny campaign based on doing the show , i think runway helps a lot !!

In your own opinion what does it take to succeed as a male model of color?

Patience ! i also have a tatoo that i live by : its on my left forearm and its the verse roman 8 ; 31 .... its amazing look it up !!

what's next for you after modelling career is done?

I almost got into presenting on e4 but you need a lot of screen experience.....you never no were life is gonna take you, my journey is just starting , i'd enjoy the ride (laughs)

Finally you got any word for your fans ?

fans?? (laughs) ....i wasn't aware of any other than my mum and sister (laughs)... no really thanks for the support!! i mean look at Obama, its time for change people, not just in fashion in every aspect of life !!

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Auto BacklinkPing your blog, website, or RSS feed for FreeTHOUSANDS BACKLINKSjapanese instant free backlink Website DirectoryFree Auto BacklinkHigh BacklinkBest BacklinkBlog Backlink1000 Backlinks