Simon Tham

Saturday, November 29, 2008
A lot of you might remember Simon Tham from his Popular Abercrombie & fitch ads, however the Canadian born half Chinese and half English model has enjoyed far greater success this year. Being one of my favorite male models i thought to catch up with him and ask some questions. Where were you born?

I was Born in Toronto, Canada and grew up in the suburbs about 30 mins outside Toronto.

What are your educational qualifications?

Completed about a year and a half of studies at The University of Western Ontario. First year went really well and I enjoyed everything to do with the college life but second year I realised I didn't want to continue studying my program. I'm still holding on to the idea of post secondary studies though.

At what age did you start modelling?
I started modeling last summer in Toronto with Sutherland Models while on break from school at the age of 21

How rewarding and challenging has the experience been?

The experience has been great so far, I’ve had the chance to get to know New York and enjoy the culture it has to offer. As for challenges, my main concern has been making sure my mind is balanced and I’m making use of my spare time.

Who are your role models?

Right now my role models are people in my life that are pursuing things that truly fulfill them


You did some runway jobs during the newyork fashion week, how was the experience?

It was exciting to be in some of the shows during New York fashion week. I enjoy doing shows because the atmosphere is upbeat and its interesting to see all the preparations being made.

You are one of the most prominent Asian male models right about now, how does it feel?

That’s very nice of you to say. Although I hadn’t considered that, it’s good to hear.

What do you have to say to other aspiring models with Asian ancestry or heritage?

With an exploding Asian population and China becoming more powerful and wealthy on the global stage (so I’ve heard from friends), the fashion industry is bound to take notice!

Special thanks to Belle at Major models and Simon Tham for making this interview possible :o)
My Ping in TotalPing.com
Auto BacklinkPing your blog, website, or RSS feed for FreeTHOUSANDS BACKLINKSjapanese instant free backlink Website DirectoryFree Auto BacklinkHigh BacklinkBest BacklinkBlog Backlink1000 Backlinks